Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Unwalled city

It seems to me, from my limited experience of sixty-one years, that if you really trust Jesus completely, you are unafraid to trust yourself to people, situations, and the world in general, as they come your way.

By this I don't mean that you entrust yourself into everyone's keeping. But you are somehow able to discern, even without giving it much thought, and without anxiety, what is appropriate in every encounter.

You seamlessly entrust yourself to others in exactly and only those areas where trust even has meaning at all. You can be fearless because there is no longer anything to gain or lose. Why? Because of Christ.

He has you, and you have Him. Beyond both need and want, unopposed and defenseless, you are an unwalled city defended, like Rome, by that invincible weapon, the peace of Christ.

1 comment:

Gene B said...

I have also noticed this as I progress on the journey as well. You be come dispassionate in a good sense. Whatever comes your way, I wait now and consider how the Author of our life wishes us to respond. I wait to let the spirit dictate my response. I think the others can sense the calm and peace and in return all pretense vanishes.

Thank you again for your wonderful writing