Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Unworthy Poem

                 I wish I didn't sin
                 for then I had no need of Him
                 like others all around
                 don't know they're lost so can't be found
                 But sin I must and may
                 though heart and mind may curse the day
                 for weakness I can't shake
                 and shame so great my heart would break
                 He loves me still I know
                 and seed He plants in me to grow
                 that not mid thorns or stones
                 but from rich earth will rise my bones
                 Clothed in pure flesh at last
                 freed from the wrath of sinful past
                 before the judgment seat
                 where my poor faith His face will meet
                 Forgiven as if my sin
                 not called to mind had never been
                 and finally then and there
                 made of His kingdom thankful heir

— Romanós

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worthy--the poem and the poet.