Thursday, May 26, 2011

God is not angry with you

What follows is quoted entirely from Of Dust and Nations, a blog of brother Andrew York, a witness for Jesus Christ, to whom be all glory and honor, who alone works wonders in His saints.

In light of wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, I've heard so much about God's judgment. So many influential voices seem to point to a God of wrath, and the idea that things are going to get worse, but to ‘take heart, because (God) has overcome the world,’ and we just have to hang on. I feel as though my response to these things should be to beg Jesus to appease the wrath of God for this world... then I realize that He's already done this...

His wrath was satisfied in the cross.

What does that mean for us? ...The PERFECT love of Christ casts out fear...and in a fearful world, what have we been given? The ministry of reconciliation... we carry on what Christ came to do - which was bring Heaven to earth and show the world a Father who loves them - so in turn, their fear can be cast out.

We need revelation of the Love of God. I've recently listened to a teaching that impacted me deeply - the pastor in essence said ‘If we don't show the world the love of God, then the world will interpret God through earthquakes.’

Jesus rebuked a storm... So obviously the wind and waves carried within them a demonic spirit that needed to be cast out. If it was from God, then Jesus rebuked His father..???

We're called to make this world look like that world.

HEAVEN... no tears, no chaos, no sickness, no fear, no competition, a complete unveiling of the God who the Bible says IS LOVE. How much of Heaven do we want to see on earth? It's not time to run to a cave and pack with us as much as we can so we can ‘stick it out’ in the end times - we have a responsibility, let's face the storms head on.

Let faith, hope and love arise, and let's apply the solution which God's equipped us with. I feel that we've lost some courage - thinking that we're not holy enough vessels to be priests and kings. But, we've been made holy, and blameless. We need to dust ourselves off and keep going...Repentance then is not fearful, it's freeing. Repentance means to change the way we think. We need to think rightly of Him and ourselves...repentance further lines us up with the truth - and He is patient in this process of sanctification. Are you aligned with faith, hope and love?

I've had an amazing time with the LORD in a short season of drawing away with Him here in Korea. Much of my time has been given to prayer and process. I'm so blessed... it's ridiculous.

I had the opportunity to share in a church in Korea on Easter. I shared on the Father Heart of God, I've never really done that before, but as the Spirit began to minister to the crowd, I realized how important the message of God's love was here. After I spoke for close to an hour, the pastor asked if I would personally meet each of the small groups, and help ‘council’ them. I felt that all I did in each group, after hearing there problems, was tell them ‘God is not disappointed with you. He's not angry with you’ - It was so refreshing to see that this simple revelation brought smiles to many that day.

God is not angry with you...



O God! O God! I thank You, that this message of love has been handed over by Your Son into other willing hands and hearts, and that these secrets which You have handed over to me, who am so small and helpless and alone, are being shouted from housetops, have been taught to Your children, who for love of You, are not afraid to walk in Wisdom, to walk in Light, to go ‘where angels fear to tread’ but where only human feet can go, following Jesus. Glory to You, O God, glory to You!

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Thank you for sharing it with us, Romanos. It warmed my heart and thawed the icy barrier I seem to keep building between me and Him.