Friday, April 15, 2011

Waiting for us here

What would it look like,
if we really believed
and didn’t lie to ourselves and to Him?
How would we live, if we knew for sure
we are really His sons?

As I sit here
asking myself and you this question,
I find myself no less than you
a liar to the Father who loves me so much
that He quietly tells me to come with Him
so together we can find and burn
the evidence of my sin.

Although I cost Him very dear,
and lied to make my foolishness less clear,
He saw through all I said and did.
My fear of His anger drew Him very near.

He smiles, and sets us both at ease.
He seems more interested in something else,
not what either of us is so ashamed of.

He doesn’t seem to look
at everything we should have done,
nor does He scold.

Let’s hold fast with unbounded confidence
in His constant care,
for even while we fret for sake of His offending,
we find He’s always waiting for us here.

— Romanós


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the poem (and for all the poems you write--I do not always comment on them, but please know they are appreciated) and the stunning photographs. I appreciated the 'reversal' of the photo subject matter.

I think poetry, generally, is a courageous and total gift of oneself. Poetry is difficult to write and so open to criticism or dismissal. It is also almost a lost art nowadays.

George Patsourakos said...

It is imperative that man is sincere and honest to Jesus, when he asks Jesus to forgive him for his sins.

Moreover, we need to keep in mind that Jesus is loving toward mankind, an will forgive us of our sins.

George Patsourakos said...

Nous devons aimer Le Bon Dieu avec tous nos coeurs toujoirs.

Apres tout, Dieu nous a donne tout que nous avons.

Nous devons prier a Dieu tous les jours, et lui demander pardonner nos peches. Dieu nous pardonnera, parce que Dieu aime l'humanite.

Claude LOPEZ-GINISTY said...

Thank you Romanos: I took the liberty of translating your poem into French. It will be on my blog tomorrow ( http://orthodoxologie.blogspot.com/) april 16, 2011.
In Christ,

Subdeacon Claude Lopez-Ginisty

A quoi cela ressemblerait-il,
si nous croyions vraiment
et que nous ne mentions pas à nous-mêmes et à Lui?
Comment vivrions-nous, si nous savions à coup sûr
que nous sommes vraiment Ses fils?

Tandis que je suis assis ici
à me poser et à vous poser cette question,
Je ne me trouve pas moins que vous
menteur envers le Père qui m'aime tant,
qu'Il me dit tranquillement de venir avec Lui
afin que tous ensemble nous puissions trouver et brûler
la preuve de mon péché.

Bien que je lui coûte très cher,
et que j'aie menti pour rendre ma folie moins claire,
Il a vu à travers tout ce que j'ai dit et fait.
Ma crainte de Sa colère l'a attiré tout près.

Il sourit, et nous met tous deux à l'aise.
Il semble plus intéressé par autre chose,
pas par ce dont chacun de nous a tellement honte.

Il ne semble pas regarder
tout ce que nous aurions dû faire,
et il ne gronde pas non plus.

Tenons avec une confiance sans bornes
dans Son soin constant,
car même si nous nous tourmentons pour L'avoir offensé,
nous trouvons qu'Il nous attend toujours ici.

Romanòs
Version française Claude Lopez-Ginisty
d'après
http://cost-of-discipleship.blogspot.com/