Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Orthodox Calendar 2011



This is the pocket sized card calendar* I received in the mail today. You can download it, front and back, by left clicking twice (for maximum enlargement) and then right clicking once and selecting ‘Save image as’ to your computer, and print your own copy. The ikon used this year is my favorite, ‘Christ the Sower.’

* This is the version, used by Greek Orthodox and others, that is ‘old calendar’ for feasts and fasts related to Holy Pascha, and ‘new calendar’ for all the other feasts and fasts.

1 comment:

Ted Assur said...

A beautiful calendar, I have one in my wallet, and two (front and back) next to my civil calendar.

It is a 'new calendar' (Gregorian).

With humility, Paschal holidays (Palm Sunday, Pascha, Ascension, and Pentecost) do not vary by old or new calendar, as they are calculated by the moon, the vernal equinox, and the Jewish Passover, and are thereby universal.