Sunday, November 14, 2010

War at the exit door

Once again I have to share this poem that has pierced my heart, like prophet-king David (no, the sons of Korach) uttering, “deep is calling to deep as your cataracts roar, all your waves, your breakers, have rolled over me…” (Psalm 42:7)


War at the exit door
by Yudi Kristanto

Among the wolves and lions
snakes kiss my legs
I stepped outside through the gate of red
above the stream of fresh water
thus I jumped into water and the fish lift me up
fish with big scales

Fall on me O bridge
tear me down till I am no more
Fish, do you have that cure
I want to drink it
and sleep long

Water in
water in
fill me till I am one with you
breath you in
breath you out

war at exit door
now I have been at the gate
with your sword, stab me O brightest hero
and throw me to the river

More poems like this one can be found HERE.

1 comment:

yudikris said...

Thanks Dad for posting my unpoetical poem on your blog :D
God bless you!