Monday, May 10, 2010

Because every moment together is real



Courage

Many people want to tell you the way,
But few will stay, invest in your success.
I mean not to embarrass you my friends,
But to warn you that they are using you.

The work of being, is a living thing
A work of hands, not of words or screeds
No ideal realm, but persons enduring:
Our humanity is filthy to them.

Our hunger offends, our thirst enrages;
That our bodies need clothing, they revile.
Though beaten and homeless we are priceless,
Because every moment together is real.

Made myself a spectacle to the world
So you may see that though I am weak,
You are strong. Though I remain a fool,
You become wise beyond these naive years.

Angels ashamed of me, but God listens.
I’ll know if you listen, when I don’t speak.
If I spoke as others do, they would hear,
But I’m not allowed to give this away.

Time to speak plain, taken by bold spirit,
But it will be useless still for closed ears.
No dark night stands against the waking light.
Before illumination dark is not.

Courage! The enemy is death and is dead!
Nothing born of the pit can stand the sun.
Beloved ones, heed not the fear of heart,
Leave self-hate vanish and know I love you.

David Dickens, Nothing Hypothetical

No comments: