Tuesday, September 8, 2009

With God all things are possible…

The photo above is of Building D at the Universitas Pelita Harapan, the college where Yudhie Kristanto, a dear friend, brother and co-blogger, goes to school. This is a Christian university in Tangerang, Java, Indonesia. I found this photo on the college's webpage, and it just made me very happy to see it.
It was taken during the immediate aftermath of the recent earthquake of 7.3 magnitude. Everyone inside the buildings on campus was rushed out to safety, although from the look of this building, I'd say they were probably not in much danger. This campus is fairly new, and I'm sure the buildings were constructed with possible earthquakes in mind. I looked very closely at the photo to see if Yudhie was in it, but I think he was in a different building when the quake happened.

I really love this photo because it is a strong reminder of the power of faith, echoing the scriptures which say, "All things are possible if you only believe…"

Confronted with the menacing and ugly face of militant Islam all over the world, this photo, taken at a Christian college in the heart of a mostly Muslim nation, Indonesia, also reminded me that wherever we are, in whatever circumstances,
Christ is already there before us, and like our friend Yudhie and his brothers and sisters in Christ at this university, we must trust Him. He is our good and faithful Lord.

Remember to pray for the Church in Indonesia.

1 comment:

yudikris said...

Thanks for your support, Brother. I am very glad. Glory to God! Yes, we need your prayers, please pray for us! :)