Saturday, May 16, 2009

Extra-terrestrial visitors?

It's about time that some extra-terrestrial visitors took a peek at my unworthy blog!

I was surprised just now to see that my 91st different country showed up yesterday, flag and country unknown because they came through a satellite provider. Right clicking on Unknown - Satellite Provider brought up this inset image of what looks like an Orthodox icon-decorated passageway in a vessel or ship of some kind, maybe an orbiting space craft?


I was thrilled to see that even extra-terrestrials, owned by no flag, are now visiting my humble blog!
Left-click the image to zoom for a closeup.

My message to them, if they visit again…

Dear Orthodox space voyagers,
If you happen to have a spare bunk in your ship, I would be very happy to join you as you go carrying the good news of Jesus Christ risen from the dead to other worlds. I don't eat much, and I'm quite adaptable to any diet. I speak, read and understand several earth languages, and I'm eager to learn more, especially Old Solar, if that is still the prevalent koiné of the universe. Perhaps you could use a cabin boy? My physical body is only 58 earth years old, and I workout on a bowflex, so I can still hop to any task.

I'll be watching for you and, as I said, I would be pleased to join your team, as there is nothing better or more rewarding in this life than to serve the Lord—my feet are ready and shod with the preparation of the gospel. My only caveat is, if the Lord Himself should return before you pick me up, He's actually my First Choice, and He's due to arrive on earth any day now, as scripture says, "for the Time is close."
(Revelation 1:3)

ἁ ρ π α γ η σ ό μ ε θ αἐ νν ε φ έ λ α ι ς

3 comments:

Marcel said...

I see the topic of extra-terrestrial visitors poping up in the news often, but I have not invested time to read these articles actually.

I read my mail I send you a day ago. I wrote it from my iphone, that's the reason for the typo's.. ;)

yudikris said...

This is unique, Romanos as I notice it.... And that would be awesome!

Thanks for leaving kind comment for my recently blog, Romanos!

Have a good day!

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Perhaps if English is not one's native language, one might read this post and think that it is completely serious. Actually, the appearance in my flag list of a countryless visitor forwarding via satellite gave me the idea to have a little fun, and post something that was a joke with a serious message.

"ἁρπαγησόμεθα ἐν νεφέλαις" above the photo of the sun breaking through the clouds is a quote from 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and means "we will be snatched away up in the clouds," referring to the second and glorious coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.