Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In His presence

This poem by The Postman is so short that I needn't direct you to the link, but instead I will quote it directly. After you read it, please visit his blog to read his many other excellent testimonies in poetic form. If we must be poets, let us sing of Him.
That's what The Postman does.


He has just published two more exceptional poems: No Longer Free, and Thy Will Be Done, which I hope you will also read and be blessed.

Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

In HIS presence
Alone, I turned to the Lord,
In the sweetness of His fellowship
I wondered why I had not done this before,
Wondered why I had let go
Of such glimpses in the past!

And there I should remain
In prayerful decisiveness,
Day by day
In brokenness,
In the shadow of the Almighty;
There I will be led
Into the centre of HIS will!

Psalms 34:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

No comments: