Sunday, December 7, 2008

What God wants

I was startled this morning to find this post in the "least read" lineup on my son Jacob's blog. It is a long post, and more candid than most people would dare to put in print, about personal happiness and the struggle to find it.

The premise is, "What God wants is tied to what I give, and not to what I want."

It took me awhile to understand what he is getting at, and I kept thinking I saw it, and then as I read a little further, what I thought I saw would dissipate, sort of like tracking a deer in the forest. Eventually, near the end of the post, I came to another statement that was like having that deer right in my sights,

"there are so many scriptures that have been interpreted to state that loving God is wanting what He wants… but it is actually giving like He gives."

Perhaps my blog post should be renamed "Loving God," because that is where Jacob's ended up.
What Jacob has written may not be for everyone, but if you feel adventurous, you can read the whole post here.

1 comment:

The Postman said...

that our children will grow up in Godly fear and great in the sight of the Lord.
Luk 1:15

a article on
God Loves Us As He Loved Jesus
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=02_03&year=02