Monday, November 24, 2008

If we wait for Him at all

We know that the institutional church in all of its manifestations is "a city set upon a hill that cannot be hid," and so anyone passing by can look at it in the glory or in the humiliation of its past and present condition.

It takes as much faith to believe that what we are seeing as the Church is the Body of Christ as it does to look upon the man Jesus of Nazareth and believe that He is God, the Almighty. Yet He is, and so where does it leave us with regard to the Church?

Mocked, derided, stripped, scarred, gashed, sundered and pierced, the Body of Christ suffers with Jesus throughout all ages till the end of time and His return. Where we stand, what our response must be to His question, "And who do you say I am?" will also show us where we stand with regard to the Church.

Though we see her faults, we also see and participate in her faith, and if we wait for Him at all, we must wait with her, His Bride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been trying all day to post comments on your blog--this is the first time I was able to get through. The pop-up window does not seem to function properly. I was able to post a few comments yesterday--I wrote rather quickly because I feared the system would break down at any moment.

This is another post which I would like to include on my blog in the future. Also: True Man--was not able to post a comment on that article--system not working even just a few minutes ago.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Dear Aunt Melanie,

Perhaps the problem of not being able to always leave a comment is a browser conflict, as others have told me they sometimes can't leave a comment. It's nothing I have set up. I notice that this comment, as well as one other that you left, ended up in the "spam box" and I have retrieved them so they would appear. I cannot find where to turn off the spam filter for blogspot.

I apologise for this problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I am having a lot of conflicts using Google Chrome and my blogs, so I usually compose in Chrome and then go to Internet Explorer to add the colors to text, change text size, and even to use the search field! Google Chrome causes problems!

Please send me a personal email, so that I can have your email address. There are times when I'd like to respond back to you privately. Also, if you want to use any of my blog posts, please do, just give your source, either by a hyperlink or at least by using a by-line.

If you have any trouble leaving a comment, just send it to my email (see my profile) and I will publish it for you at the appropriate post.