Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Even struggling

Even struggling to have an encounter with the Living Christ makes you feel like you’re in a world of sleep-walkers, or even in a world where everyone is already dead.

That’s how the presence of the Living One changes all our senses as He draws near, letting us experience the world as it really is, letting us recognize Him as He really is.

“Do not be afraid, it is I, the First and the Last; I am the Living One, I was dead and now I am to live for ever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and of Hades.”
Revelation 1:17-18 JB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother, this is something that I struggle with every day of my life it seems. That feeling is strong. That feeling of being surrounded by sleepers. In a sense I think it's true. But I also know that in my life the devil has used that real honest feeling to boost my ego into an unhealthy place. I don't claim that is what you are experiencing. But your words shine a light on a particularly dark place in my own black little heart. And then I realize, as He draws near, I look around and I truly am surrounded by sleep walkers and corpses. Then I catch a glimpse of a mirror and I shudder at what I see...

Thank you for your words (God's words). You continue to serve as a voice of Truth in a medium that is overflowing with babble.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I think you read me right, brother, and thanks for leaving a comment on this inconsequential post. It's been a very hard week, and it helps for me to know you're there. Let's keep praying for one another. Thy Kingdom come, O Lord. Thy will be done.